As promised in my post earlier this week, here is my gathering of free crochet patterns that feature the use of t-shirt yarn! I hope you give them a try, as I know that I will be doing so in the future. The patterns are linked back to the original blog or site; just click on the project name!
1. Crocheted Cat Bed from Hanne, on Eilen Tein: for instructions in English, just scroll down to the bottom of the post to start your cozy cat cave!
2. Rag Coasters by Sharon Maher, on Ravelry: although this pattern uses fabric, t-shirt is an easy substitution in the making of these delightful little coasters.
3. Trapillo Carpet [t-shirt yarn rug] by Cristina, at myworldofwool: The picture tutorial for this doily-like rug is clear to follow, with directions in both English and Spanish.
4. Fabric Nesting Baskets by Kara, at Petals to Picots: I am loving the idea of baskets this week, apparently. Although made of fabric, give it a try with t-shirt yarn instead!
5. Chunky Crocheted Basket by Liz, at Crochet in Color: I loved this pattern so much, I just had to include it! Definitely making this.
7. Drawstring Bag by Joanne L., at Craft Passion: One of the more unique patterns using t-shirt yarn, this sturdy bag is handy to carry around, whether to the beach or just around town!
8. Crochet Jar Cozy by Evelien, at LVLY blog: A simple but absolutely charming pattern; makes a great housewarming gift!
9. Quick + Easy Spring Chain Cowl by Rachel, at Maybe Matilda: This cowl is lovely, and looks very easy to work up in a flash.
10. Crochet Potholder by A.B. McKenna, at 6ichthusfish: As always, a potholder is definitely a good and practical use for t-shirt yarn.
I hope you enjoyed these patterns, friends! Just in case you have no earthly idea of how to go about making your own t-shirt yarn, I’ve included the link to the how-to guide from Reverie Aerie. Have fun and happy making!
Made any of these projects? Feel free to comment about it below!