I’m on time this week, friends! Happiness abounds. I don’t know about you, but my wardrobe would not be complete without a vest (or two or four). They are the perfect accessory to practically any outfit in my book, and I’m always on the lookout for new vests in different styles and colors. One day, I will get around to actually making a piece of crocheted clothing, and when I do, you can bet that it will probably be a vest.
I never knew there were so many crocheted vests out there! These are just a sampling of the neat patterns that I came across, so I hope you enjoy them. Happy makings!
1. Fan Waistcoat, at DROPS Design: Anything light and airy seems to magically find a way into my closet, so I have a feeling this delicate vest would, too! Also available in UK terms.
2. Stunning Vest by Kimberly McAlindin, at Red Heart: I never thought about using a bow as a vest closure. What a neat idea!
3. Unique Shell Vest by Lorene Eppolite, at AllFreeCrochet: If you haven’t visited Lorene Eppolite’s Web-home (Cre8tion Crochet), you should as soon as possible! She designs gorgeous patterns, and I am very pleased to include her vest in my pattern roundup.
4. 60’s Style Vest, at Free Vintage Crochet: My style in clothes ranges from classic to feminine to vintage, and this vest has the kind of vintage flair that I enjoy.
5. Elliot by Maureen Basher, at Berroco: I have never seen a vest like this, ever. It is so cool! A perfect fit for someone with a flair for modern or tailored clothing.
6. Two-Tone Vest, at Yarnspirations: This is the vest that inspired me to make this pattern collection! The motif, the stripes, the style, everything about this vest embodies something that I love about crochet: anything you create can be a reflection of your personality.
7. Loop-Cable Vest by Kristin Omdahl, at Red Heart: Cables; I’m a sucker for cables on vests. A lovely vest that can complement any style!
8. Medallion Vest, at Grandmother’s Pattern Book: Anything to do with vintage crochet, I’m there. The combination of stripes and circles is a fun design, and you’d be the center of attention when you put on this vest!
9. Rococo Waistcoat by Jane Howorth, at Willow Yarns: Simple, stylish, and great for any time of the year, this pretty vest is sure to become a favorite.
10. Lovely Lace Vest by Kimberly McAlindin, at AllFreeCrochet: Purple is one of my favorite colors, and this vest has a delicate, feminine quality that I love.
I want to make a vest now, but if you know anything about my crochet method, that would be a little much at the moment. Anyway, I hope that y’all enjoyed this week’s Weekly Gathering, and thank you for taking the time out of your busy lives to get a little crochet inspiration!
If you were going to make a vest, what color(s) would you use? Stripes, motifs, or something entirely unique?